Now customers are started to practicing the mobile applications for everything they require with the help of smartphones and internet things. This is one of the actual reason for the mobile application associated with the business development. These days small businesses also interacted with the mobile applications to increase their customer base and taking their business marketing to the higher level. Mobile applications are helping to keep the customer details, increases the brand value, helping to reach the market value, allowing customers to purchase at any time etc.
The time we decided to make a mobile application, several decisions come across into our mind. Certain things are always in mind towards the completion and success of the application. Example technology, design, branding, and marketing all these things carry specific gravity and reshape towards the success of your application. People might be deemed as developing a mobile application, but they always worried about the starting point of the developing phase. How to go about it and from where have to start because of the numerous technologies available for developing the mobile applications. Also, have to choose which is the best technology based on the business requirements. In the initial phase, itself have to choose the best technology or application type (native or hybrid) which leads to the early completion of the development and benefits of the long run. Changing the technology in the mid or late of the development can break lots of hours of work effort and increase the overall developing cost.
Everyone needs to know about the differentiation between iOS and Android also the nature of native and hybrid applications. The selection of native and hybrid applications depends on multiple determinants like people target to reach the market, budget and the deadline for the development etc. Here let us focus on the things about the native and hybrid application and the difference between them finally which application is better suitable for the development and business.
The simplistic definition of native application is that they are explicitly developed for a specific mobile operating system. Android applications are only accessed in Google Play Store and iOS applications are accessed in the Apple App Store.
Native application specifications:
Technology – iOS applications are developed in Objective C or Swift and Android applications are developed in Java.
Native API – Native applications are having the ability to access all the features of the devices and API.
Distribution Method – Through their specific app stores.
The native application takes full benefit of the device characteristics, such as the camera, microphone, handset, accelerometer, contact list, GPS, and etc. They are running directly from the platform they are developed for, and they always contribute a certain native experience.
- Native application work with the device’s native features, so their performance is faster on the device.
- Push Notifications are one of the best advantage in Native application.
- Native applications are more securable and reliable.
- Native application makes comfortable to implement the new features.
- Based on the customer expectation UI and UX will be present.
- Native application will work on offline also.
- Native application consists of the higher development process so it requires a lot of time and effort for the maintenance.
- Native applications have to be accepted by the play store/app store, its tedious process and take lots of time.
The hybrid application is developed for use on various platforms, example iPhone, Android, Windows smartphones. It combines components of both native and web applications. The hybrid application can be shared through the app stores just like a native app, and they can consolidate with operating system features.
Hybrid application specifications:
Native API – Hybrid applications are using native API with that able to access the device features also.
Distribution Method – Through app stores.
- Hybrid application to be operable on both platforms and offering unified deployment for different operating systems.
- Hybrid applications are easier for the maintenance, have to manage one codebase alone.
- Without much time and efforts able to develop the hybrid application fastly.
- Hybrid applications are easy to scale on different platforms and different operating systems.
- Hybrid application development is less expensive.
- Hybrid applications are based on the web technologies and mobile platforms. This platform makes the application to take more time for functioning and loss its performance.
- Hybrid application won’t provide the native-features experience as the applications are simultaneously developed for multiple platforms.
Before getting the correct decision, have to know about the difference between native and hybrid application so we can move in the precise direction. Both has its own strength and weakness, the final decision depends on the business needs. After the choices, have to discuss with the application developers to bring an idea for cost-effectively and fulfilling the business needs.